Sunday, June 5, 2011

SPRINKLING MY DIVA DUST ON A GEMS LODGE A.K.A GENTLEMAN’S LODGE

So in line with trying out new things, I got some really cool boys to take me out some days ago. I wanted somewhere different so I let them choose the place. They took me on a trip to their world. A place called ‘Gems Lodge’ but I refer to it as a gentleman’s lodge because I think it has that feel.

They are really good kids (I am going to get in trouble for calling grown up men ‘kids’). They decided that a bar was a place to unwind after work. I have never stepped into a bar like the one we went to (I recently stepped into an open space bar thanks to one of the kids). It was small and kinda cosy until the onslaught of cigarette smoke started. It is seriously incredible how people puff away on that thing. It ain’t adding anything to your life instead it is reducing your life span. Thanks to some of the kids my life span has been reduced by some days as they were puffing away without a care in the world and I was inhaling some of the smoke (it is called passive smoking people!).

I tried to be a tomboy diva and (play) wrestle the packs of cigarettes that they had from them but was only lucky to obtain one. They tossed it around to each other just to make sure that I wouldn’t get it. I felt good that I was able to get one pack only for one of them to snatch it back from me. I was totally caught off guard. The other guys in the club watched as I tried to wrestle them and actually laughed at all my antics (glad to be your entertainment for the night, guys).

I started with a non alcoholic drink but was later cajoled into trying a low percentage alcoholic drink (Smirnoff). The taste of Smirnoff is not bad (I am talking about the one in the can o!) but the alcohol in it does not agree with me. I was kinda woozy and had headache that night which lasted till morning. I don’t know why people keep drinking that stuff (alcohol). I felt odd because at a point I was the only female there. Then due to the fact that I don’t like staying out late in the night, I just wanted to go home. I was so worried on how I would get home as the place was far from my house.

All in all I had a nice time, ate nkwobi (don’t know if I spelt it right) for the second time in my life. So what is my take on this type of stuff? You wanna know.

Well here it is. It is okay to go out after work but I think I can only stand it once a while. I don’t think that kind of life is for me. The smoke, the noise are not just my kind of scene. If the noise was less and the smoke was non-existent, maybe just maybe I might enjoy it more. Till I find a place that is more my style, I think I would stick to my room and the cinemas.

That is all for now folks. I hope to be back soon. I need to pay for my internet connection and hope I would be in the mood to write.

I am yet to tell you guys my biggest adventure.

Love ya all.
Petite Diva signing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...