Monday, March 5, 2012

A PETITE DIVA STYLE BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION

So the fourth of march was when the petite diva came to this earth to spread her diva dust wherever she goes i.e it was my birthday, and it turned out crazily enjoyable for me. Before I tell you all about how the day went, I would like to thank God for the fact that I am alive and I am blessed with a loving family. I have the perfect family (I am sure they are not perfect for you but perfect for me). We fight and argue but they are alive and love me for who I am so i am grateful for that fact. I love them too.

I have to say that I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE MY MUM. She went through labour just for me and after going to labour ward, I really appreciate all that she passed through.

That said, my day started with a text just before midnight from a good friend then at 00:03hours exactly on my phone I got a call from a great friend and 00:04hours I received another call from a wonderful friend I have known for ages. While I was grateful for the calls, they made me smile and happy they also woke me up and kept me awake. I had trouble sleeping back. And while i was struggling to sleep, I would hear a beep on my phone every 15-30minutes. People were leaving messages on my facebook wall and interrupting my sleep. And I had serious trouble sleeping back anytime it beeped. I was finally able to sleep and woke up thankfully to God for adding another year to my life. I would confess to you all, I actually shed some tears just thinking about everything that God has done for me.

Then it was off to church for some praising, thanksgiving, praying and the word. A word was spoken and all my years on earth I had never seen my birthday date in that light. The preacher said the day March 4th was a day for ‘Marching Forth’. And it hit me, I was born on this day which means that I just had to march forth. There is no room in my life for stagnation. I was so stunned and almost did the crying thing again (like I am about to do now). I was born to march forth into greatness, into favour, into health, into joy, into happiness, into peace, into wealth, into wisdom and into his kingdom. I AM DIVINELY MADE!

After church, I really don’t know what happened but I started feeling unusually ill. However I had to shake it off as I had promised some people that I would take them to the cinemas. So I got my gear on and put on my make up and off we went...to the cinemas. The friends that I had promised the treat had invited people, I was surprised at first but I didn’t mind. The only problem I had was that the color combo I had on was repeated by some people at d cinemas but oh well...life is unpredictable.

The movie we watched was kinda of okay for a Nigerian movie. The name of the movie was ‘I will take my chances’ by Ini Edo and Emem Isong. I gotta say that nollywood is coming up. I would give the film 60% for concept. And for those who know me, they would know that score is pretty high in my rating scale. I however had a problem with some of the acting done. Some parts were downright rubbish! It was like they went to cast someone like me to act and I can’t act to save my life. That means folks that some of the people used were bad but not terrible just bad.

At least my friends like it so that made my day. I strangely had fun. Later on I got an invite to go to a comedy show but I had to decline because It was late but I was thankful for the offer.

When the day was over, i remembered my last ex and I thanked God that he messed up and we broke up. If we were still going out, he won’t have travelled from his base. He would have given me an excuse and that would have spoilt my day. I would probably wouldn’t have paid someone to do my call (yes! I was placed on night call on my birthday. Can you imagine?) and I would have been miserable in the pharmacy.

I just want to say thank you to all my boys (especially my military boos and captain) and my girls, i think it should men and women....that made my day yesterday. I felt so loved.I guess I must have still had that happy feeling because today at work I got so many compliments on how fabulous I was looking. Someone said I was glowing. I guess when you are happy, it radiates outside. So I think i have found my beauty secret, find happiness and joy in God and i would look radiant.

I could list the names of people who sent texts, called, sent me BBM cakes and presents, sent BBM messages and posted birthday wishes on my facebook wall but I wouldn’t sleep if I do. Thank you all, I am so extremely grateful.

On a lighter note, I am going to send the display picture police to ya all who stole my display picture. It was amazing the amount of people who used my picture as their display picture yesterday!

I gotta go guys. I wish I could put up pictures but if you are one of my facebook friends you would have seen some of the pictures of me showing my fabulous gear and my cake.

Luv ya all,
Kisses from a year older Petite Diva.

1 comment:

  1. awww, thats wonderful. sorry Im as usual the last...Im so glad you enjoyed your day. many more years to come by the Special Grace. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...