Tuesday, March 6, 2012

THIS IS FOR ALL MY MILITARY BOYS.

For all of ya who don’t know this, I am actually a military boy/man groupie. When did it start, hmmm I think when I attended Nigerian Navy secondary School, Navy town, Ojo. Actually I think I should make it a ‘naval man groupie’. I absolutely love the ceremonial white of the navy, it is so hot, hot, hawt. The blue ain't bad too. i can remember eyeing the military guys in their gear even though they could be mean at times (i was such a bad girl but nobody knew).

I actually said I was going to join the navy after I was through with school but I later found I was too small and short to join. But that has not stopped me from loving the Nigerian navy, actually all naval men and women look hot in their uniform.

I remember that my love for navy actually made me blurt out to a friend that said he wanted to join the army that he should consider the navy. I was like how could he have attended Nigerian navy school then go and join the army. I don’t know what happened but I found out later that he joined the navy and I was mighty pleased.

I recently found out that a couple more of my classmates are actually military boys now. Hot! Hot!! Hot!!! I am looking for trouble calling them ‘boys’, I really should call them men because any guy that goes through that military training and comes out alive is a MAN! But then I have known most of them since they were ‘puppies’, I really can’t call them 'men'. Maybe when they are in their uniform and are all mean and stuff, I would say men but till then, sorry boys you would still be called 'boys'.

I was once asked about 3 years ago if I could marry a military man, I kind of hesitated but in my heart I knew I could. Heck I saw them for six years. The only issue is that a military man is not stable. He gets posted everywhere and with little warning. Three of my friends have been posted recently from their previous base to delta, port Harcourt and Ilorin. I can just imagine if I was a military wife and the hubby has to go. My question is 'would I hop and leave with him?' I don’t think so. I might love him but I ain’t no wallflower. I like to do my own things. I am a pharmacist for God’s sake and I would want my own pharmacy. I hadn’t thought about this but the thought just came to me now. I am a pharmacist and I could get a job in any community pharmacy if I am willing to go with the hubby. The question is 'am I willing to give up on my dreams so that my family can stay together?'. My mum did that but I am not sure I can do it.

However staying apart is a recipe for disaster. First of all, I don’t trust men especially military boys. They can be wild even when they have a wife and kids. I don’t know if I want that turmoil of wondering what the hubby was up to. And then I am not interested in giving birth to my kids without their daddy being there, he put it in so he had better be there when it is coming out. One of my ‘military boos’ is called ‘Abidemi’, for the non yorubas it is a name given to children that are born when their dads are not around. He was born when his dad was on a course outside the country and his dad showed up later when he was 6 months old.

I was like WHAT THE HECK!! I won’t accept that. If I was pregnant and close to delivery I would disturb the powers of the military arm be it Navy, Army or Air force that my hubby belongs to, to get him home for the birth. If they prove stubborn as they will, I would cause such a fuss that they would have no choice than to bring him home. It is so easy for me to say, uhn? Well I am just saying……

The single military boys are uhm, something else. I know their game and I advise them not to try me. I may be a civilian but I got their number. They should go and scope other civies. But hey, who doesn’t want an officer and a gentleman. I saw a military wedding picture and it was so romantic. I don’t mind an officer and a gentleman but I have to weigh the pros and cons. It takes a strong female to be the wife of a military man; she has got to have guts and patience. I have guts (I think..) but I am lacking in the patience area. I would never say never to getting married to a military man because I don’t know what God has planned but right now I am perfectly happy having military boys as friends. Heck they are my own squad of bodyguards. So people don’t mess with this diva, she is fierce and protected…….lol.


That is all folks. Hope you loved my blog entry today. I hope to write soon.

Luv,
Petite Diva

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...